Sunday, July 12, 2015

Burdastyle 06/2014 #118 Shorts 2

Back to sewing clothes! I made a second pair of Burdastyle 06/2014 #118 shorts. 


I used up more of my stash and used the leftover fabric from my Fall Jacket. I won't go into too many details about the pattern, since you can read my notes on my first pair.


I made a few alterations because I was working with scraps. I lowered the rise by 1/2" (I basically just folded all the pieces down at 1" from the top. I lined the pockets with some other scrap fabric that I had. For the waistband, I used 1 1/2" elastic instead of 2" elastic and made the waistband fabric from several pieces sewn together. I was really working with the bare minimum of fabric.

Lowering the rise really helped with the fit. The shorts now hit me at my bellybutton, whereas the first pair sits above it. This means I have less fabric pooling at my stomach when I sit down.

Another thing that I did with these shorts (and the first pair, too), was to put a few tacking stitches through the waistband on two sides. This really helps to stop the elastic from trying to twist out of place.

 
As with the first pair, I will probably wear them with my shirt untucked. The shorts are super comfortable and just what I need.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the untucked look best, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a pair of these shorts in a cotton jersey and I love them! You're making me want another pair in a woven though. Yours look neat and comfortable, mine are just comfortable.....

    ReplyDelete