Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter Jacket Progress

I'm finally putting together the actual winter jacket for my Mother-in-Law. The Ultrex fabric arrived and I have basted together the outer layer. I let my MIL try it on one last time before I finish it up. I wanted to make sure there were no more fitting issues.


The front looks pretty good. I had to take in some fabric above the bust by straightening out the princess seam on the side piece a little bit.



I didn't iron the side seam, so it's hard to tell if there are any issues. Overall, it looks straight enough. I let out the sleeves at the shoulder a little bit and lowered the armhole by 1/2". I wanted to make enough room for her to be able to wear a warm layer underneath (she is only wearing a t-shirt in the pictures).


The back is pretty good, but I might take a little out of the centre back seam near the bottom. There is some curling of the fabric there. I don't want to take out too much though, since I want her to be comfortable when she sits down.

My MIL is super happy with how it is going so far. She loves how light and comfortable the jacket is. Right now, it looks a bit like a judge's robe. But, once the cuffs and collar are attached, it will look less robe-like.

That's it for now! No more pictures until it's done and I've given it to my MIL for Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment