Monday, July 7, 2014

Burdastyla Shorts Update

I decided to go back and fix the crotch on my Burdastyle 03/2013 #126 Shorts. At little change made a huge difference!


I scooped out the front and back curve about 1/4" at the in-seam. Almost all of my weird crotch wrinkles disappeared!


The back looks much better, too. This little alteration also made the shorts even more comfortable. It no longer feels like I'm getting a slight wedgie - lol! So, if you have pants or shorts that are giving you a wedgie, the trick it to scoop out the crotch curve a little deeper. 


And since I didn't take a good picture of it last time, here is what the side pockets look like in the pattern. I really like them. It adds a little interest to what are otherwise plain grey shorts.

2 comments:

  1. That's really helpful. I have a pair of shorts I just made that feel like they just need a little extra room, so I'll have to try that next time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ip! A little bit can make a huge difference. :)

      Delete