Friday, May 9, 2014

My Cooper Bag

I made myself a Colette Cooper bag! This bag went together a lot quicker than the Coopers I made for my brother and brother-in-law.


Pattern

Colette Patterns Cooper

Materials

The materials are all from my stash. You might recognize some of the fabrics. The teal is from my Sewaholic Minoru. The navy is from one of the Coopers. The red-orange is leftover from my Burdastyle shorts. And the cotton floral print I used for lining is some fabric I found at a yard sale for $1 awhile ago.


While searching for hardware for the other Coopers I made, I found a bit of extra pieces, like the bright orange strap with clasps and d-rings, that I kept aside. The zipper also came from the bag I stole the strap from. 


Alterations

As seen above, I added a little zipper to the pocket on the front of the bag. I also made the bag a blend of the different versions. I added a removable shoulder strap using d-rings.


I also added the straps on the back, so I can attach the bag to my bicycle.


I'm so happy about my bag! I can't wait to use it. Hopefully, it will work with my bicycle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment